top of page

Golden Drops ⚜️ The rise of Extra Virgin Olive Oil 🫒 in Tuscany

Food and wine news concerning one of the most important Tuscan productions, Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Ideal in the dressing of any type of dish, excellent quality and unique and intense taste, the uniqueness of Tuscan oil is recognized all over the world and contributes considerably to the excellence of the entire Italian food chain in the world.

In a delicate moment like this, personally I can only be happy and proud of so many excellent productions in our territory which, thanks to the commitment, dedication and professionalism of many entrepreneurs, still manage to make a solid wall against the inequitable imbalances of the systems, Italian, European and extra-European. It is no coincidence that I mention the famous evaluations of the Nutriscore, and the edibility of crickets, elements that materialize a nebulous "progress", in which it is very complicated to feel represented both as an operator and as a citizen of the world.

The 2021 Ismea-Qualivita Report photographs the performance of the Chianti Classico DOP oil.

The certified production of Chianti Classico Dop Oil between 2019 and 2020 records a + 13.8% (million euros) with a difference in production value of + 34.7%.

The strategic role of the regional IGPs registered in recent years also seems to be growing.

The result of the Chianti Classico Dop Oil Consortium is significant as it has taken steps forward and obtained important awards in recent times. Last year was the award for the best DOP oil in the world at the Japan Olive Oil Prize in Tokyo

"The challenge we face is to commit ourselves on all markets to better communicate the uniqueness of our oil and its recognizability, also strengthened by the symbol of the Black Rooster that has identified this land since the Middle Ages" underlines Jonny Pruneti, President of the Consortium.

The Consortium of extra virgin olive oil Dop Chianti Classico obtained recognition in 2001, although it began to take its first steps in 1975 as a voluntary organization. The Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) of the extra virgin olive oil of the "Chianti Classico" (Black Rooster) refers to the oil produced in the provinces of Florence and Siena, an area of ​​about 70 thousand hectares, in the same production area as the Chianti Classico DOCG wine .The area has been geographically identified since 1200 and evidence of olive cultivation dates back to the Renaissance.

The varieties allowed for olives are Frantoio, Moraiolo, Leccino, Correggiolo for at least 80% alone or jointly, while the remaining 20% ​​can be referred to other varieties. It has "fruity and precious flavors, with hints of raw artichoke and fresh grass, and gives a pleasant spicy sensation in the throat". (source INTOSCANA)


Our first choice for 2022 is Dievole's Tuscan IGP Extra Virgin Olive Oil, available in single bottles of 0.250 or 0.500 liters or in cartons of 6 bottles.

Dievole counts on olive trees in Tuscany and in the rest of Italy. This priceless heritage of plants - genetically unique and often handed down for centuries - is the starting point for producing a range of high quality extra virgin olive oil with a strong identity.

Everything comes from the raw material: without quality olives it is not possible to obtain an extra virgin olive oil of excellence. For this reason, at Dievole each olive grove follows precise processing programs with the aim of bringing to light otherwise lost productions and re-proposing the aromas and flavors of unique oils with extraordinary sensory value.

At the time of collection, each production batch has its own identity card, in the most absolute respect for traceability, to ensure the full expression of a specific territory, to the expression of the Tuscan IGP.

What are you waiting for? Enjoy simple dishes topped with the highest quality products and Buon Appetito

Give a look also to our food products

or write us at to get our advice !


We are in Greve in Chianti, in the heart of the historic center of the town and in the center of the wonderful territory of the Black Rooster - Chianti Classico

We have been in the world of food and wine for more than 20 years and we select the best and most representative products of the Tuscan and Italian territory.

We serve at your table only Experiences of Excellence

20 views0 comments
bottom of page